Lavender is often considered a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times due to its versatile uses, including calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension. Have a dog that is afraid during thunderstorm or nervous when there are new people around? You can diffuse it to help them calm down. dōTERRA Lavender Essential Oil is a pure, unadulterated essential oil.
- Anxiety Relief - Breathing the lavender helps to reduce their anxiety and stress
- Insect Repellent - Lavender oil is a natural flea and tick repellent
- Antiseptic uses - Contains antibacterial, antiseptic, and antimicrobial properties (see direction for topical usage below)
Aromatic DescriptionLavender Essential Oil smells floral, fresh, sweet, herbaceous
Diffusion: Start with 2 drops and full water capacity in your diffuser to allow your dog to get used to the new scent.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops of dōTERRA Lavender Essential Oil with a carrier oil (we recommend doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil) to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Here are precautionary to take note when considering using lavender or any essential oils on your dog:
- You should always consult your veterinarian before introducing essential oils to your dog. Never force essential oils into your dog's life.
- Due to the concentration of our oils, please do not apply undiluted on skin or ingest (Check with your vet for the proper dilution ratio)
- Never use the oils near your dog’s eyes, mouth, nose, or genital area.
- Do not use oils on young puppies or very small toy breeds.
- If your dog is old, sick, or pregnant, do not administer the same amount you would for a healthy dog.
- Never use essential oils on your cat.
- Store the essential oil in cool place away from heat and light.
Remember, your dog has a super sensitive sense of smell and may find the oil offensive. If he doesn’t like it, please don’t make him “wear” it.